Heating & Cooling Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We’ll be continually updating this page as new FAQ articles are posted about air conditioner, furnaces, and other heating & cooling systems.
Buying a New Central Air Conditioner FAQ
- How does an air conditioner work?
- What SEER rating do I need?
- What determines the effectiveness of an A/C?
- What types of air conditioners are available?
- Can I buy a used air conditioner?
- Will replacing an air conditioner or installing an air conditioner improve the value of my home?
- Why is it important to choose a reliable and trained technician to install my air conditioner?
- What if I don’t have ducts but I need an air conditioner?
Central Air Conditioner Maintenance FAQ
- What is the average lifespan of an air conditioner?
- How can I extend the lifespan of my air conditioner?
- How can I keep my air conditioner running efficiently?
- How to do annual maintenance on my central A/C?
Central Air Conditioners & Home Humidity FAQ
- How long does it take to remove humidity from the home?
- What is humidity and what does it have to do with air temperature?
- Can you limit how hard your air conditioner is working to dehumidify the air in your home?
- What is a dehumidifier?
- What if it is not extremely hot out and there’s still a lot of moisture in the air?