Daikin DX16TC Review
SEER:Up to 16
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Price:$4500 - $5500
The ENERGY STAR®-certified DX16TC air conditioner from Daikin is able to offer Canadians an impressive SEER performance rating of up to 16. The mid-range unit uses a high-efficiency Copeland® Scroll™ UltraTech™ two-stage compressor with advanced Copeland® CoreSense™ diagnostics to deliver Canadian homeowners reliable cooling comfort throughout their entire home.
Backed by Daikin's truly extensive warranty coverage, Canadians will enjoy knowing that they have their backs covered when they invest in a Daikin product. Additionally, thanks to the DX16TC model's intuitive design, maintenance calls are quick and easy to save you money.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $4500 - $5500
- A SEER performance rating of up to 16
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- High-efficiency Copeland® Scroll™ UltraTech™ two-stage compressor
- The ComfortNet™ Communications System provides Canadians with many advanced control options to maximize their unit's efficiency
The Bottom Line
The Daikin DX16TC air conditioner pleases Canadian homeowners thanks not only to its high-efficiency cooling performance, but also its whisper quiet operation. The system offers several design features meant to drastically reduce noise levels, such as the acoustically engineered high-density foam sound control blanket for the compressor.
Daikin DX16TC Specifications:
- Compressor type: Two-Stage
- The Copeland® CoreSense™ Diagnostics provide in-depth system information so that technicians can make faster, more accurate decisions to save you time and money
- A high-density foam sound blanket drastically reduces compressor's noise production
- The single-panel access to controls allows for streamlined service calls
Canadian consumers are able to maximize the Daikin DX16TC air conditioner's performance to product great long-term savings thanks not only to the unit's SEER performance rating, but also the ComfortNet™ Communications System. This system unlocks a level of precision control for consumers to use, allowing for advanced energy conservation and efficiency.
Other Key Features
- The powder-paint finish provides professional appearance and long-term durability
- Top and side maintenance access makes troubleshooting easy
- The filter drier promises reliability by keeping the refrigerant system free of contaminants
- The diagnostic indicator lights and fault code storage system simplify service calls
Similar to Daikin's range of premium-grade air conditioners, the DX16TC also receives the brand's extensive warranty coverage. This should prove to Canadian consumers the brand's full confidence in their cooling system. The coverage includes a limited 12-year unit replacement warranty as well as a limited 12-year parts protection warranty.
Comparable Models from Daikin
Model Comparison by Features
Although it isn’t able to achieve the same high-efficiency rates as some of Daikin's premium-grade air conditioners, the DX16TC still receives a variety of the brand's top features. Similar to the DX18TC, the DX16TC air conditioner comes standard with a Copeland® Scroll™ UltraTech™ two-stage compressor with Copeland® CoreSense™ diagnostics. Meanwhile, both systems are also compatible with ComfortNet™ to further increase efficiency.
Model Comparison by Price
In terms of pricing, the Daikin DX16TC is more affordable to Canadians than either the premium-grade GX18TC or DX20VC air conditioners. However, it's worth noting that over the course of a longer time, these two premium-grade air conditioners will be able to accumulate greater savings than the DX16TC ever will be able to. Despite this, the mid-range DX16TC still represents a solid investment for Canadian homeowners.
Model Comparison by Tier
Despite not belonging to the same premium-tier as the DX18TC model, the DX16TC air conditioner features almost the same range of features. Hopefully this demonstrates Daikin's unwavering dedication to delivering top of the line comfort despite the price of their unit. Additionally, the mid-range offering receives the brand's comprehensive warranty coverage.