Amana ASXC18 Review
SEER:Up to 19
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Decibel Level:As low as 68
Price:$3,500 - $6,200
Tonnage:2 to 5
Cooling Capacity:24,000 to 60,000
Boasting a SEER performance rating of up to 19, the Amana ASXC18 is one of the brand's premium air conditioning systems. The unit utilizes a high-efficiency two-stage scroll compressor to effectively deliver cool comfort for your entire home.
With built-in Copeland® ComfortAlert™ diagnostics, Canadian homeowners can rest assured that their vital systems are being closely monitored, reducing failures and locating issues for streamlined maintenance.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $3,500 - $6,200
- A SEER performance rating of up to 19
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- High-efficiency Copeland® Scroll™ two-stage compressor
- The ComfortBridge™ technology continuously monitors your air conditioner's performance for ideal indoor comfort
The Bottom Line
The Amana ASXC18 is a premium-tier air conditioner that offers Canadians ENERGY STAR®-certified cooling comfort. With its high-efficiency two-stage operation, the unit continuously delivers impressive airflow while remaining whisper quiet.
Amana ASXC18 Specifications:
- Compressor type: Two-Stage
- Designed with Copeland® ComfortAlert™ diagnostics to locate potential trouble spots for quick and easy service calls
- A high-density sound control blanket is acoustically engineered to reduce sound levels
- The CoolCloud™ HVAC Mobile App allows licensed technicians to remotely access your air conditioner to simplify maintenance
With a wide range of sound reducing features, Canadian homeowners will undoubtedly be satisfied with the Amana ASXC18 air conditioner's performance. An acoustically-engineered high-density sound blanket minimizes the two-stage scroll compressor's already quiet operation.
Other Key Features
- The heavy-gauge galvanized steel cabinet dampens noise even further
- An inline filter drier protects the refrigerant system from contaminants to guarantee long-term reliability
- The two-speed ECM condenser fan motor provides quiet airflow across condensing coil
- A durable, high-efficiency condensing coil is made from corrugated aluminum fins and copper tubing
The Amana ASXC18 air conditioner is backed by the brand's extensive warranty coverage. This includes a limited lifetime unit replacement warranty as well as a limited 10-year parts protection warranty.
Comparable Models by Amana
Model Comparison by Features
As one of Amana's premium-grade units, the ASXC18 air conditioner comes standard with a number of the brand's top of the line features. When compared to the Amana ASXC16, the ASXC18 stands out thanks to its superior SEER performance rating of up to 18. The ASXC18 achieves a higher rating due to its impressively upscale design.
Model Comparison by Price
Depending on seasonal promotions from your local Amana distributor, the ASXC18 will likely cost you around the same to install as the ASXC16. However, thanks to ASXC18's stronger efficiency rating, it will be able to accumulate greater savings over a longer period of time. In terms of potential maintenance costs, both the ASXC18 and ASXC16 utilize Amana's suite of service-related technologies and design features to make troubleshooting quick and easy.
Model Comparison by Tier
Similar to Amana's other premium-tier air conditioning systems, the ASXC18 comes standard with an array of innovative technologies to optimize efficiency and streamline maintenance. The ASXC18 air conditioner appears to fall short when compared to the Amana AVXC20, this is thanks to the latter's top-of-the-line variable-speed compressor with automatic adjusting.