Amana ASXC16 Review
SEER:Up to 17
ENERGY STAR ®:Yes
Decibel Level:As low as 70
Price:$3,500 - $6,200
Tonnage:2 to 5
Cooling Capacity:24,000 to 60,000
By utilizing ComfortBridge™ technology as well as the CoolCloud™ HVAC mobile app, Canadian homeowners can remotely perform precision adjustments to the Amana ASXC16 air conditioner to maximize efficiency and conserve energy. This ENERGY STAR®-certified unit has a SEER performance rating of up to 17.
The air conditioner is outfitted with a high-efficiency Next Generation Copeland® Scroll™ two-stage compressor that’s expertly designed to deliver reliable cooling comfort for many years. Backed by Amana's comprehensive warranty, Canadian consumers can sleep easy knowing that their investment is fully protected.
In a Nutshell
Average Price (with installation): $3,500 - $6,200
- A SEER performance rating of up to 17
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- High-efficiency Copeland® Scroll™ two-stage compressor
- Designed with ComfortBridge™ technology to automatically adjust and help reduce the amount of energy used to cool your home
The Bottom Line
Should you be looking for an air conditioning system that can deliver premium-grade cooling comfort without all the additional bells and whistles, then the Amana ASXC16 might be the model for you. The unit can achieve a SEER performance rating of up to 17 with its Next Generation Copeland® Scroll™ two-stage compressor.
Amana ASXC16 Specifications:
- Compressor type: Two-Stage
- The CoolCloud™ HVAC mobile app streamlines service calls by allowing trained technicians to remotely access your air conditioner
- The Copeland® ComfortAlert™ diagnostic system constantly monitors your air conditioning system to pinpoint issues for quick fixes
- A two-speed PSC condenser fan motor provides reliable airflow across the condensing coil
The Amana ASXC16 is backed by the brand's extensive warranty coverage to give Canadian homeowners total peace of mind. However, should your system begin to experience any issues, the air conditioner also features an array of maintenance-oriented design and technological features to make service calls quick and painless.
Other Key Features
- A high-density foam compressor sound blanket reduces noise drastically
- The inline filter drier keeps contaminants from the refrigerant system to promise long-term functionality
- A baked-on powder-paint finish guarantees durability
- The heavy-gauge galvanized steel enclosure comes with a sound-control top
Similar to Amana's other premium-grade air conditioners, the ASXC16 is fully covered by the brand's extensive warranty. This includes a limited lifetime unit replacement warranty as well as a limited 10-year parts protection warranty.
Comparable Models by Amana
Model Comparison by Features
The Amana ASXC16 offers Canadian homeowners a wide array of innovative features to enhance efficiency and conserve energy. Similar to the ASXC18, the Amana ASXC16 air conditioner is fully compatible with the brand's CoolCloud™ HVAC app and ComfortBridge™ technology. Thanks to the Copeland® ComfortAlert™ diagnostics system your Amana ASXC16 air conditioner is fully protected should it ever require any maintenance.
Model Comparison by Price
In terms of cost, the Amana ASXC16 is available to Canadian consumers at a similar price point as the ASXC18. This is due to the two unit's similar internal components and roster of additional features. However, over a longer length of time, the ASXC18 will be able to guarantee more savings thanks to the unit's superior SEER performance rating.
Model Comparison by Tier
Much like the Amana ASXC18 and AVXC20, the ASXC16 enjoys a premium-grade selection of innovative technologies and efficiency enhancing features. However, unlike the ASXC18, the ASXC16 uses a two-speed PSC fan motor. This, among other things, contributes to the air conditioners weaker SEER performance rating.