This Heil furnace review will examine the brand’s models, efficiency ratings, features, prices, warranty, and more.
Average Price: $2600 – $6000
➤ Get the BEST Prices on Heil furnaces: Fill out a free quote request here
Good: Heil® boasts affordable pricing, and an impressive line up of energy-efficient furnaces perfect for your home or small business.
Want: With energy efficiency and warranty at the top of consumers lists when researching a new home heating system, Heil ® meets consumer expectations. With the majority of their propane and gas furnaces being ENERGY STAR certified, and comprehensive warranty coverage that includes a limited No Hassle Unit Replacement™, it’s difficult to find anything truly lacking from this brand.
The Bottom Line: Heil ® is a great choice for Canadians looking for a mid-range priced brand that offers great warranty coverage, however it is not carried by as many distributors and HVAC companies in Canada compared to some of the major brands like Goodman.
Final Score: 7.2/10
Efficiency/AFUE – 7/10
- 4 out of 6 models are ENERGY STAR certified for greater energy efficiency 92%
- 1 out of 6 models provide consumers with entry-level energy efficiency with 92% AFUE 95%
- 4 out of 6 models offer moderate energy efficiency between 95-96.5% AFUE 2 x 96.2%
- 1 out of 6 models achieves a premium level of energy efficiency with an AFUE rating of 98%
Additional Features – 7/10
Each of the additional features included in a Heil® propane or natural gas furnace act to improve overall function and performance.
- Soft mounted blower
- Inducer motor
- RPJ® heat exchanger
- temperature limit control
- Insulated cabinet
Pricing – 7/10
*The pricing listed below is intended as a general guideline only. Pricing may vary according to installation factors, city or region, the company or distributor you deal with, etc.
Like many of mid-range priced brands, a Heil® home heating system varies in price depending on type of furnace selected, installation, and region. Pricing for most Heil® residential furnaces start between $2600-6000.
Price vs. Value:
Heil® knows how important it is to provide consumers with value when it comes to upgrading to an energy-efficient furnace. Beyond additional savings on your monthly heating bills, Heil® provides additional value with their No Hassle Unit Replacement™ warranty. This coverage is available to home heating units in the QuietComfort® and Quiet Comfort Deluxe® Series in 1 year (G9MXE), 5 year (G9MXT) and 10 year coverage (G9MAE and G9MVE) provide consumers with added value.
Types of Furnaces – 7/10
- Single Stage – G9MXE, N9MSE and N9MSB
- Two Stage – G9MVE and G9MXT
- Modulating – G9MAE
Warranty – 8/10
- 20 year limited heat exchanger – N9MSE and N9MSB
- Limited lifetime heat exchanger – G9MXE, G9MXT, G9MAE and G9MVE
- Limited, 1 year No Hassle Unit Replacement™ – G9MXE
- Limited, 5 year No Hassle Unit Replacement™ – G9MXT
- Limited, 10 year No Hassle Unit Replacement™ – G9MAE and G9MVE
- Limited 10 year parts – Performance, QuietComfort® and QuietComfort ® Deluxe Series furnaces
Heil® Furnace Model Breakdown & Comparison
Providing Canadians with well made home heating systems for over a century in the HVAC industry, Heil® is known for their attention to detail and extensive coverage plans.
Heil®’s Economy Natural Gas Furnaces
All of the natural gas furnace models in the Heil® Performance Series are Single Stage operation.
|N9MSE||Up to 95%||26,000 – 140,000|
|N9MSB||Up to 92%||40,000 – 120,000|
Economy Tier Warranty Coverage: The units in the Performance Series are protected by a 20 year limited heat exchanger and 10 year limited parts warranty.
Heil®’s Mid-Range Gas Furnaces
The Heil ® QuietComfort® Series provides consumers with ENERGY STAR certified, Single Stage (G9MXE) and Two Stage (G9MXT) furnace models.
|G9MXE||Up to 96.2%||26,000 – 120,000|
|G9MXT||Up to 96.2%||40,000 – 120,000|
Mid-Range Tier Warranty Coverage: The gas-fired furnaces in the QuietComfort® Series have the same parts coverage as the Performance Series, as well as:
- limited lifetime heat exchanger and limited
- 1 year No Hassle Unit Replacement™ (G9MXE)
- limited, 5 year No Hassle Unit Replacement™ (G9MXT)
Heil®’s Premium Gas Furnaces
ENERGY STAR certified, these models feature Modulating and Two Stage operation. Each model is compatible with Observer® communicating control, allowing you to control the temperature of your home remotely.
QuietComfort® Deluxe Series
|G9MAE||Up to 98%||60,000 – 120,000|
|G9MVE||Up to 96.5%||60,000 – 120,000|
Premium Tier Warranty Coverage: The furnace models in the QuietComfort® Deluxe Series is protected by the same parts and heat exchanger warranty afforded to the QuietComfort ® Series, with the addition of a 10 year No Hassle Unit Replacement™ warranty plan.