Furnace Prices in Winnipeg, Manitoba

Furnace prices in Winnipeg, Manitoba can be affected by a wide range of different things depending on the situation. The average cost of a furnace with installation is roughly $2,500 to $6,000.

This of course depends on factors like the brand, model, BTU output/size, and efficiency rating of the furnace you choose. In addition, factors relating to the installation will also affect the price.

Often the older your current furnace, the more updates and ductwork retrofitting will need to be done to bring everything up to code. So some additional costs should be expected.

Because buying a new furnace is both a significant financial commitment and an important decision regarding how you’re going to keep your family warm all winter long, it is also not a decision that you should make lightly.

Some companies offer rent to own options which generally cover the installation cost and require no upfront costs, so all you pay is a flat monthly rate.

Factors That Affect the Price of a Furnace

By understanding exactly which factors affect furnace prices in Winnipeg, you will have everything that you need to help make sure that your hard-earned money is going to the right place.

For starters, the price of a furnace is heavily dependent on the brand and manufacturer, as is true in the case of just about anything. Brand name tends to equate to reputation in many regards – if you’re looking for a brand that equates to quality heating and cooling, you can expect to pay more money as a result.

The Benefits of High-Efficiency Furnaces

The efficiency rating will also affect how much you will pay for a furnace. A furnace with a high efficiency rating will naturally use more of the energy that it is being provided to actually regulate the temperature of your home.

If your furnace has an 80% efficiency rating, for example, this means that it is only using 80% of the fuel that it is being given to heat your home – the other 20% is being lost due to the normal operation of the device itself. When you start to get into furnaces that are 95% efficient or above, you begin talking about very real savings each month on your energy bills – the price of the equipment will naturally rise as a result.

In a way, it’s important to look at a high-efficiency furnace like an investment. You may be paying more money now, but what you get in return is savings on every utility bill that is mailed to your home. So long as you take care of the furnace and help make sure that it lasts as long as possible, there will certainly come a point where it starts to pay for itself by way of savings alone.

Additionally, you may be entitled to certain incentives that you wouldn’t otherwise get by buying a high-efficiency furnace. The EnergyStar program, for example, may entitle you to a certain amount of credit on your income tax during the year in which you purchased the equipment.

Between those types of rebates that the government is offering, along with the savings that you’ll experience on a monthly basis by way of your utility bills, you’ll find that the increased price of a high-efficiency furnace is more than worth it.

Considerations to Make Before Buying a Furnace

By far, the most important decision that you can make before buying a furnace has to do with the size. Simply put, if you fail to properly size your furnace before you purchase it, you will be wasting an untold amount of money over the lifetime of the machine.

Furnaces are sized based on BTUs, or British Thermal Units. If you buy a furnace that is too big, you’re wasting money by way of a large furnace that you aren’t properly utilizing. If you buy a furnace that is too small, you’ll be paying money that you shouldn’t have to for a furnace that has to work incredibly hard just to regulate the temperature in your home.

The Climate of Winnipeg

Thanks to Winnipeg’s location amongst the Canadian Prairies, it is known for not only having four distinct seasons but also very short periods in between summer and winter. At the beginning of the week you could be enjoying the hot and humid summer weather that the area is known for before getting hit with a cold blast of frigid temperatures by the week’s end.

The winters in the area tend to be incredibly cold and dry, which is very much in keeping with other areas in this part of the country. Snowfall can last for as long as six full months out of the year and temperatures can occasionally drop below -40 degrees Celsius. These types of potentially frigid conditions are just a few of the reasons why having a high-efficiency furnace is so important.

Get quick free quotes from trusted local distributors & contractors now!
Get Free Quotes!
Please note, this website is for informational purposes only. The companies featured on this website are not endorsed by FurnacePrices.ca, and we cannot offer any guarantees about their products or services.
2016-10-24T11:28:07+00:00
 
X Get a Quote!