This Tempstar furnace review will examine the brand’s models, efficiency ratings, features, prices, warranty, and more.
Average Price: $2600 – $6000
➤ Get the BEST Prices on Tempstar furnaces: Fill out a free quote request here
Good: Tempstar provides consumers with a wide range of energy efficiencies and great warranty coverage at an affordable price point.
Want: Tempstar is well matched in the mid-range priced brand tier, giving consumers what they are looking for when it comes to price, energy efficiency and warranty. Difficult to isolate an area that’s lacking for this brand.
The Bottom Line: A good choice for consumers looking for an energy-efficient furnace for their home or small business. Tempstar gives Canadian consumers added peace of mind with their No Hassle™ Replacement warranty coverage.
Final Score: 7.2/10
Efficiency/AFUE – 8/10
- 1 out of 6 furnace models offer entry-level energy efficiency at 92%
- 4 out of 6 furnace models offer high-efficiency with an AFUE between 95-97%
- 4 out of 6 furnace models are ENERGY STAR certified
- 1 out of 6 furnace models offer premium level energy efficiency with 98% AFUE
Additional Features – 5/10
- Observer® Communicating Wall Control
- Soft mounted blower
- Inducer motor
Pricing – 7/10
*The pricing listed below is intended as a general guideline only. Pricing may vary according to installation factors, city or region, the company or distributor you deal with, etc.
Tempstar is a mid-range priced brand, with their home heating systems starting between $2600-6000 per unit. Price subject to change and is dependent upon installation costs, local distributor, etc.
Price vs. Value:
With a reasonable price point and extensive warranty protection Tempstar provides good value for your investment in an energy-efficient propane or natural gas furnace.
Types of Furnaces – 8/10
- Single Stage – F9MXE, N9MSE and N9MSB
- Two Stage/Variable Speed – F9MVE
- Two Stage – F9MXT
- Modulating – F9MAE
Warranty – 8/10
Upgrade to a high-efficiency Tempstar® natural gas furnace with confidence that your investment is backed by extensive warranty coverage. Their warranty coverage is comparable to Heil®, Coleman®, ComfortMaker®, and Luxaire.
- Limited lifetime heat exchanger – SmartComfort® Deluxe Series natural gas furnace models
- Limited 10 year parts – Performance ®, SmartComfort®, and SmartComfort® Deluxe Series natural gas furnace models
- Limited 20 year heat exchanger – Performance® Series natural gas furnace models
- Limited 1 year No Hassle™ Replacement – F9MXE
- Limited 5 year No Hassle™ Replacement – F9MXT
- Limited 10 year No Hassle™ Replacement – SmartComfort® Deluxe Series natural gas furnace models
Tempstar® Furnace Model Breakdown & Comparison
Tempstar prides themselves on their customer service excellence and providing Canadians with affordable, well made home heating systems they can rely on.
Tempstar®’s Economy Natural Gas Furnaces
The Single Stage furnace models in the Performance® Series provide consumers with entry level and moderate energy-efficiency with 92% and 95% AFUE respectively.
|N9MSE||Up to 95%||26,000 – 140,000|
|N9MSB||Up to 92%||40,000 – 120,000|
Economy Tier Warranty Coverage: Natural gas furnace models in Tempstar® Performance® Series are covered by a limited 10 year parts and limited 20 year heat exchanger warranty plan.
Tempstar®’s Mid-Range Gas Furnaces
The Tempstar® SmartComfort® Series provides consumers with ENERGY STAR certified, Single Stage and Two Stage natural gas furnace models.
|F9MXE||Up to 96.2%||26,000 – 120,000|
|F9MXT||Up to 96.2%||40,000 – 120,000|
Mid-Range Tier Warranty Coverage: The natural gas furnace models in the Tempstar® SmartComfort ® Series are eligible for the same parts coverage as the Performance® Series, along with the following:
- Limited lifetime heat exchanger
- Limited No Hassle™ Replacement warranty coverage: F9MXE (1 year) and F9MXT (5 year)
Tempstar®’s Premium Gas Furnaces
Boasting ENERGY STAR certified, Modulating and Two Stage natural gas furnace models, consumers will appreciate the premium energy efficiency the Tempstar® SmartComfort® Deluxe Series offers.
SmartComfort® Deluxe Series
|F9MAE||Up to 98%||60,000 – 120,000|
|F9MVE||Up to 96.5%||60,000 – 120,000|
Premium Tier Warranty Coverage: Same heat exchanger and parts warranty coverage as seen in the SmartComfort® series, with the inclusion of a limited 10 year No Hassle™ Replacement warranty policy.