This Lennox furnace review will examine the brand’s models, efficiency ratings, features, prices, warranty, and more.
Average Price: $3000 – $7500
➤ Get the BEST Prices on Lennox furnaces: Fill out a free quote request here
Good: Lennox has a lot to offer consumers when it comes to features, energy efficiency and warranty coverage in the premium priced brand tier. When it comes to competition, their direct competitor in the premium priced brand tier is Carrier. Lennox sets themselves apart from the crowd by continually delivering home heating systems that satisfy consumers’ top priorities which include: price, energy efficiency and warranty coverage.
Want: Fairly equal in many categories, one area where Carrier arguably comes out on top is Innovative Technologies. Lennox does offer consumers several innovative technologies like the SilentComfort™ and Power Saver™technologies, however, Carrier’s list is far more extensive.
A leader in the HVAC industry, Lennox chooses to carve out their own path. In tune with the needs and wants of consumers their product lineup reflects what consumers are asking for. Staying true to their brand story, they have built a loyal following.
The Bottom Line: Although definitely at the top end of the pricing spectrum, Lennox is among the most in-demand furnace brands for good reason. They’re a very solid and innovative manufacturer with outstanding energy efficiency and comprehensive warranty coverage. So it’s not hard to see why they are a brand favourite for many Canadian homeowners.
Lennox furnace is a great heating system for your home. Ask for a free quote today!
Final Score: 8/10
Efficiency/AFUE – 9/10
Entry level, moderate and high-efficiency levels are represented by the Lennox Merit® Series, Elite® Series and Dave Lennox Signature® Collection of natural gas furnace models. Lennox exceeds consumer energy efficiency expectations with their premium priced model topping out at 98.7% AFUE! They just edge out Carrier whose top model is 98.5% AFUE. A testament to their dedication in designing and manufacturing high quality, energy efficient natural gas furnaces.
- 6 out of 6 Lennox natural gas furnace models exceed the 92% minimum AFUE rating in Canada, with their lowest efficiency model rating at 93% AFUE.
- 4 out of 6 natural gas furnace models provide consumers with a moderate level of energy efficiency.
- 1 out of 6 natural gas furnace models offer superior efficiency with maximum energy savings at 98.7% AFUE
Innovative Technology and Additional Features – 9/10
Not one to be outdone by Carrier, Lennox has developed several innovative technologies to enhance their home heating systems.
- SilentComfort™ technology – variable speed allows for quieter operation of your natural gas furnace
- Power Saver™ technology
- Duralok Plus Heat Exchanger
- SureLight® Silicon Nitride Ignitor
- ECM motor
- PSC motor
Pricing – 6/10
*The pricing listed below is intended as a general guideline only. Pricing may vary according to installation factors, city or region, the company or distributor you deal with, etc.
One of the top premium-priced brands, a Lennox propane or gas furnace with installation will generally cost in the $3000-$7500 across most regions in Canada. This pricing is on par with Carrier home heating systems.
Price vs. Value:
Lennox understands how important it is to deliver excellent value that will yield a positive return on your investment. To accomplish this, Lennox manufacturers some of the most energy efficient natural gas furnace models available today. Their most energy efficient natural gas furnace model is 98.7% AFUE, which means all but 1.3 cents of every energy dollar you spend goes toward heating your home! Their innovative technologies are focused on design and increasing energy efficiency so that you can save more, while enjoying a consistent heating experience that you can depend on.
Types of Furnaces – 8/10
Lennox provides consumers with choice when it comes to furnace operation. Providing a fairly even distribution of Single Stage, and Two Stage operation. If you’re looking for a Modulating natural gas furnace, you will want to look at the sole modulating natural gas furnace in their product mix. From the Dave Lennox Signature Collection® , with 98.7% AFUE this furnace doesn’t disappoint when it comes to energy savings.
- Single Stage – Single Stage natural gas furnaces make up 50% of Lennox’s natural gas furnace model lineup: Merit® Series ML193 and ML195, and Elite® Series EL195E
- Two Stage/Multi-speed – Two Stage/Multi-Speed heating is a popular choice due to its increased efficiency. Enjoy Two Stage/Multi-Speed home heating with the Lennox Elite® Series EL296E.
- Modulating/Variable Speed – Modulating/Variable Speed offers consumers greater energy efficiency as the furnace blower is able to run continuously on lower speeds. Looking for a Modulating/Variable Speed natural gas furnace? Have a look at the Dave Lennox Signature® Collection SLP98V model.
- Two Stage/Variable Speed – Lennox brings consumers another great energy efficient option with their Two Stage/Variable Speed Elite® Series EL296V high-efficiency natural gas furnace model.
Warranty – 8/10
When researching natural gas furnaces warranty coverage is one of the top considerations on many Canadians list. Lennox understands the importance of staying competitive when it comes to warranty coverage, as this can be a dealbreaker for many consumers. Lennox’s generous warranty coverage of limited parts lifetime heat exchanger and limited 10 year parts is comparable to Carrier. What sets them apart from Carrier is their distinction between model tiers. Your warranty coverage is greater for your $7500, financial investment in a Lennox high-efficiency, 98.7% AFUE natural gas furnace is greater than their entry-level efficiency models, and rightfully so.
- 20 year limited lifetime heat exchanger warranty – only Merit® Series natural gas furnace models
- 5 year limited parts warranty (covered components)
- 10 year limited extended parts warranty (covered parts)*
- 10 year limited covered parts warranty – Dave Lennox Signature® Collection, ENERGY STAR certified model
- Limited lifetime heat exchanger warranty – only the models in the Elite® Series and Dave Lennox Signature® Collection
*check with your local distributor to see if your Lennox Merit® Series and Elite® Series furnace models are eligible for this extended coverage when you register your unit.
Lennox Furnace Model Breakdown & Comparison
Lennox enjoys strong brand recognition, and a long history in the HVAC industry.
A name trusted by consumers for decades to provide them with home heating solutions, a Lennox propane or gas furnace is a fixture in many Canadian homes.
Lennox’ Economy Natural Gas Furnaces
The Lennox Merit® Series offers an economical option to purchasing a Lennox high-efficiency natural gas furnace. The Single Stage natural gas furnaces in this line offer consumers entry-level and moderate energy efficiency with a respectable AFUE rating of up to 93% and 95%.
|ML193||Up to 93%||44,000 – 132,000|
|ML195||Up to 95%||44,000 – 132,000|
Economy Tier Warranty Coverage: The models in the Lennox Merit® Series are entitled to the following warranty coverage: 20 year limited heat exchanger warranty and 5 year limited parts (remaining covered components).
Lennox’ Mid-Range Gas Furnaces
Are you looking for an ENERGY STAR certified natural gas furnace from Lennox? If so, you’ve come to the right place! 100% of the gas-fired furnaces found in the Lennox Elite® Series are ENERGY STAR certified.
|EL195E||Up to 95%||30,000 – 132,000|
|EL296E||Up to 96%||44,000 – 132,000|
|EL296V||Up to 96%||44,000 – 132,000|
Mid-Range Tier Warranty Coverage: All of the models in the Lennox Elite® Series are covered by a limited lifetime warranty heat exchanger and limited 5 year parts (covered components).
Lennox’ Premium Gas Furnaces
This Modulating, Variable Speed natural gas furnace from Dave Lennox Signature® Collection is ENERGY STAR certified for top of the line efficiency. At 98.7% you will be hard pressed to find another residential furnace on the market that can match this ultra-premium level of efficiency.
Dave Lennox Signature® Collection
|SLP98V||Up to 98.7%||66,000 – 132,000|
Premium Tier Warranty Coverage: When you purchase the SLP98V from the Dave Lennox Signature® Collection your investment is protected with a limited, 10 year parts warranty for covered parts, as well as a limited lifetime heat exchanger coverage. A generous warranty plan that provides you with peace of mind.
Eager to learn more about Lennox’s high-efficiency natural gas furnace line up? Fill out our online form, or give us a call today and one of our representatives will be happy to provide you with a free, no obligation quote.