This Coleman furnace review will examine the brand’s models, efficiency ratings, features, prices, warranty, and more.
Average Price: $2600 – $6000
➤ Get the BEST Prices on Coleman furnaces: Fill out a free quote request here
Good: Their warranty coverage distinction between model tiers reflects their commitment to their quality manufacturing. The Complete Assurance™ Warranty Pledge, available to furnace models in their mid-range and premium priced model tiers is comparable with unit replacement coverage offered by Luxaire and KeepRite.
Want: Fairly minimalist when it comes to the inclusion of additional features and innovative technologies. Overall, Coleman® does a good job of manufacturing furnaces for your home or small business that address the needs of Canadian consumers.
The Bottom Line: Coleman® meets customer expectations when it comes to price, energy efficiency and warranty coverage in their propane and natural gas furnace line up.
Final Score: 7.8/10
Efficiency/AFUE – 8/10
Coleman® natural gas furnace models sold in Canada offer Canadian consumers with a selection of moderate, high and premium efficiency options for greater energy savings.
- 4 out of 7 Coleman® natural gas furnace models are ENERGY STAR certified
- 7 out of 7 Coleman® natural gas furnace models exceed the minimum 92% AFUE standard in Canada
- 6 out of 7 models are greater than 95% AFUE
- 95% AFUE is the lowest efficiency offered by Coleman® that is sold in Canada* is their natural gas furnace model
*Please note that Coleman® does manufacture 80% AFUE natural gas furnaces but they are generally not permitted for sale in Canada due to the minimum 92% AFUE.
Innovative Technology and Additional Features – 6/10
- WhisperDrive™ Comfort System
- ECM motor
Pricing – 8/10
*The pricing listed below is intended as a general guideline only. Pricing may vary according to installation factors, city or region, the company or distributor you deal with, etc.
Pricing for Coleman® propane and natural gas furnaces $2600-6000. Actual pricing may vary subject to installation costs.
Price vs. Value:
With their selection of entry level, moderate and high-efficiency options to their comprehensive warranty plan (that includes their Complete Assurance™ Warranty Pledge for the LX and Echelon™ Gas Furnace Series), Coleman® provides Canadian consumers with good value for their investment.
Types of Furnaces – 8/10
Coleman® manufactures Single Stage, Two Stage, Variable Speed and Modulating furnaces.
- Single Stage – TM9E and TGNS
- Two Stage/Variable Speed – TM9V
- Two Stage – TM9Y and TM9T
- Modulating – TM9M, CP9C
Warranty – 9/10
Coleman® stands behind their quality manufacturing with extensive warranty coverage.
- Limited lifetime heat exchanger warranty: TM9E, TM9Y, TM9M, TM9V and CP9C
- Limited 20 year heat exchanger warranty: TM9T
- Limited 10 year parts warranty – all models
- Limited 5 year Complete Assurance™ Warranty Pledge – all models in the Coleman® LX Series
- Limited 10 year Complete Assurance™ Warranty Pledge – CP9C furnace from their Echelon™ Series
If you’re looking to upgrade your home heating unit and are looking for a brand that offers excellent warranty protection, Coleman® is difficult to beat. Fill out our online form or call today for your free quote.
Coleman Furnace Model Breakdown & Comparison
Coleman® has been manufacturing quality home heating systems for over 50 years. They are well known in the HVAC industry for their reliability.
Coleman’s Economy Natural Gas Furnaces
Coleman® TG9S Single Stage gas-fired furnace model comes with a four speed PSC motor for quieter furnace operation noise.
Comforteer™ Series Gas Furnaces
|TG9S||Up to 95.5%||40,000 – 130,000|
Economy Tier Warranty Coverage: The TG9S model in the Comforteer™Series is covered by limited lifetime heat exchanger warranty and limited 10 year parts protection.
Coleman’s Mid-Range Gas Furnaces
The Coleman® LX Series natural gas furnace lineup includes Single Stage, Two Stage, Modulating and Variable speed models. ECM motor, and Advanced ball-bearing PSC motor (TM9M) result in better energy efficiency.
LX Series Gas Furnaces
|TM9E||Up to 95%||40,000 – 120,000|
|TM9Y||Up to 96%||40,000 – 120,000|
|TM9M||Up to 97%||60,000 – 120,000|
|TM9V||Up to 96%||40,000 – 120,000|
|TM9T||Up to 96%||60,000 – 120,000|
Mid-Range Tier Warranty Coverage: Furnace models in the Coleman® LX Series benefit from the following limited warranty:
- lifetime heat exchanger warranty: TM9E, TM9Y, TM9M, TM9V
- 20 year heat exchanger warranty: TM9T
- 10 year parts warranty – all models
- 5 year Complete Assurance™ Warranty Pledge – all models
- ENERGY STAR certified – TM9E, TM9Y, and TM9V
Coleman’s Premium Gas Furnaces
ENERGY STAR certified, the CP9C Modulating/Variable Speed furnace comes with an ECM motor and WhisperDrive™ Comfort System.l of efficiency.
Echelon™ Series Gas Furnaces
|CP9C||Up to 97.5-98%||60,000 – 120,000|
Premium Tier Warranty Coverage: The CP9C home heating system in the Coleman® Echelon™ Series is protected by a limited lifetime heat exchanger, limited 10 year parts, and limited 10 year Complete Assurance Warranty™ Pledge.